The firm of Axley & Rode, LLP was organized in 1949 with two partners, Branch L. Axley and Carl F. Rode. The original firm was located in Downtown Lufkin, Texas, and has now become a firm with fifteen partners and offices located in Lufkin, Nacogdoches, Livingston, and Jasper, Texas. The firm has over eighty-five personnel (including partners), of which approximately 75% are professionals.
Our growth has been driven by our mission, values, strong work ethic, focus on the client, and hiring top professionals. Our dedication to high standards is what will continue to lead us into an even brighter future.
Our Livingston Office is currently hiring for an Accounting Associate. The Specialist role is responsible for learning and applying their technical skills and working as part of a team carrying out tasks under close coaching and supervision. It is typically characterized by an individual with 1-3 years of experience in public accounting.
Key Success Factors
- Ability to apply self to learning and applying technical skills.
- Cooperative team player.
- Interest in business and commercial affairs.
- Develops an understanding of the business and the Specialist role.
- Develops technical skills both on the job and through formal learning channels.
- Works as an effective team member to complete project components and assignment tasks.
- Builds working relationships at peer client level.
- Seeks to gain knowledge of client businesses.
- Effectively document work.
- As a member of the team - implements solutions for clients.
- Identifies task issues as well as task progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Demonstrates an active interest in the business world by keeping abreast of market trends and business developments.
- Assists in proposal development and research gathering as requested.
- Participates in office wide initiatives such as marketing, growth, etc.
- Actively pursues self-development opportunities.
- Builds strong team relationship skills.
- Increase knowledge of professional standards and requirements.
Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrated record of retention of application of technical skills.
- Quality of work output.
- Integration into the team.
- Meeting assignment objectives (timeframes, budgets, outcomes).
- Client satisfaction.
- Participation in firm wide initiatives.
- Compliance with firm policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience, and Personal Attributes
- Experience with payroll, general ledger, financial statement preparation
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Developing technical knowledge commensurate with the level of
- expertise required.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive - 'can do' approach.
- Strong communication skills.
- A general and growing knowledge of firm products and services in the practice area, and a general knowledge of products and services in other practice areas.
- A general understanding of market trends including opportunities, global and local business initiatives.
- Personal and professional integrity and responsibility.
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the possibility of overtime
- 2 + years of experience in the role of a Receptionist
- High School Diploma
We are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the hiring process on the basis of sex, religion, race, color, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, national origin, or genetic information.